Are We Right For You?
- Do you believe that men and women should be able to participate equally, to the full extent of their abilities and talents, in every area of Jewish life?
- Do you believe that every human life is equally sacred, regardless of religion, "race" (whatever that is?), sexual orientation, or ethnic origin?
- Do you believe that Judaism is a changing, growing, evolving system of beliefs, customs and practices that has never stopped changing, growing and evolving?
- Do you believe that the study of Jewish history should use all the tools, skills and expertise we would use to study any other important body of knowledge?
- Do you have trouble believing in the God that is described in the Torah — but maybe you do – or could — believe in the God of Maimonides.. .or Buber.. .or maybe even (God forbid?) Spinoza?
- Do you feel lost in a Jewish service that's mostly in Hebrew, or feel funny because you don't know when to sit or stand or bow or pray out loud or recite words when you don't know what they mean?
- Do you have non-Jewish friends and relatives who would like to join you in celebrating holidays and life-cycle events without feeling like "outsiders"?
- Do you want to be part of a community that is searching - together — for meaningful spiritual fulfillment, while participating fully in the secular world?
If so — surprise! You might be a reform Jew!
And Riverdale Temple might be the right place for you.